Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Pope Benedict, Oriana Fallaci,
Islamofascism, and the Jews


Today is a day of bad news in America. I haven't posted much on Hurricane Katrina because not much concrete information has come out yet. But, even as we are learning of the devastation caused by Katrina, some good news is coming to us today, from Europe. Pope Benedict has met with Oriana Fallaci, the champion of Western Civilization, and one of the rare people in this world who is willing to truly stand up and fight against Islamofascism:


VATICAN CITY (AFP) - Pope Benedict XVI held a meeting at his summer residence in Castel Gandolfo with Italian journalist Oriana Fallaci, a strident critic of Islam, Vatican sources confirmed.

The 76-year-old writer, who describes herself as an atheist Christian and was sued in Italy for insulting the Muslim faith in one of her books, asked to meet the pope, a source said.

The meeting on Saturday between Benedict XVI and the former war correspondent became public only after Fallaci’s associates let slip that the meeting took place.

Based in the United States where she is being treated for cancer, Fallaci once said in a newspaper interview that she was comforted by the writings of German Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger before he became pope after the death of John Paul II.


We can be sure that the Pope knows all about Ms. Fallaci's controversial views. Thus, this is a signal that the Pope must largely agree with her. If he agrees with her, then we know that he intends to confront the menace of Islamofascism.

This is some of the best news I have heard in a very long time.

I also want to note that, if Pope Benedict agrees with Oriana Fallaci, then that also indicates that he is, by no means, on the side of the Palestinians in the Middle East Conflict, as many have been saying recently. Here's an example of Ms. Fallaci's writing on Islamofascism:


Now, I ask myself: “What do you say, what do you have to say, about what happened in London?” They ask me face-to-face, via fax and email; often scolding me because up until now I have remained silent. Almost as if my silence were a betrayal. And each time I shake my head and murmur to myself: what else should I say?!? I’ve been saying it for four years--that I fight against the Monster that has decided to eliminate us physically and, along with our bodies, to destroy our principles and values. Our civilization. For four years I’ve been talking about Islamic Nazism; about the war against the West; about the death cult; about European suicide. About a Europe that is no longer Europe, but Eurabia, and that with its feebleness, its inertia, its blindness, its servitude to the enemy is digging its own grave.


If one agrees with her, then one sees that we are in a war for our survival, a war in which there is no potential for compromise.

I have never joined the ranks of pro-Israel pundits who accuse the Pope of anti-Semitism, because I know about the Pope's history. I believe he is a good man.