Monday, December 05, 2005


Is
El Baradei
On
The
Other
Side?


You know, in all this time Mohammed El-Baradei has been heading up the United Nations IAEA team, in charge of inspecting Iran's nuclear facilities, I've never heard anyone suggest that, because of his Islamic heritage, he may be working, purposefully, in Iran's favor.

It is beginning to look like we should have been so prejudiced all this time:


IAEA chairman Muhammad ElBaradei on Monday confirmed Israel's assessment that Iran is only a few months away from creating an atomic bomb.

If Teheran indeed resumed its uranium enrichment in other plants, as threatened, it will take it only "a few months" to produce a nuclear bomb, El-Baradei told The Independent.

On the other hand, he warned, any attempt to resolve the crisis by non-diplomatic means would "open a Pandora's box. There would be efforts to isolate Iran; Iran would retaliate; and at the end of the day you have to go back to the negotiating table to find the solution."


I'm sorry, that doesn't even begin to make sense. He's saying, "I've completely failed at the biggest job of my life. Under my nose, a regime of crazed fanatics has just about acquired the goods to murder millions of people in a matter of minutes, but give me one more chance.

No, I don't think it is possible this guy even believes the words coming out of his own mouth.