Sunday, January 29, 2006


Extraordinary Times
Letter
To My
Pacifist
Friend



That's J standing next to me, by the way.

My best friend in the world is the guy who served as the best man at my wedding. As is so often true with good long-lasting friendships, he and I are, in many ways, opposites. We are both musicians, interested in jazz and experimental music. We are both lovers of the arts, both Christians, both interested in Buddhism, and mythology and literature, but we are also opposites.

One of the biggest differences between he and I is that he is a Pacifist and I am not.

When I was younger, I hung with a lot of College Professors, and people with advanced degrees. One of them, a guy I would call my early mentor in life, tried to convince me to join the Quakers and declare myself a conscientious objector. Even though I was only fifteen at the time, I told him no, and said I couldn't do that, because I was not a Pacifist.

Anyway, yesterday, I was talking to my friend on the phone and surprisingly, he was aware of the Hamas situation, but, he wasn't at all aware that Ahmadinejad had declared that Israel must be wiped off the map. He said that NPR has done broadcasts where they have made it known that the Hamas charter calls for death to the Jews, but, apparently, NPR isn't doing the Ahmadinejad story home with the same vigor.

Well, as you can imagine, a long conversation ensued, in which I informed my friend of some things that must have sounded suspect, considering they aren't on the news all the time. I mean, how can our world be on the brink of nuclear war, and NPR isn't doing the story 24 hours a day?

Color me perplexed.

Anyway, since I was feeding my friend info he hadn't heard before, I told him I would send him links, so that he could make sure I wasn't slanting the story. (I try not to.) So, I spent all morning gathering links and composing an email to him.

Now, that I have sent it off to him, I think it serves as a good summary of the events of the last few months, so I'm going to post it here. I'm also going to call my friend later today and ask him if he will compose a response to it to post here at CUANAS.

The reason I want to do that is because I am fascinated by his Pacifism, in the way that one is fascinated by something one knows they could never attain to. My friend is a truly peaceful person. He has worked in a caring profession pretty much all his adult life. He is a brave person as well. His job takes him into the homes of very troubled people. And, sometimes, they get between him and the door.

He does work that I not only would not do, but could not do.

However, all that being said, while I admire his Pacifism, I also think that he should not apply it to politics, and I have told him so. I have called him out on the question of whether his Pacifism is responsible in the face of evil. To his credit, he has talked with me, and expressed his doubts about his own beliefs, but he has not changed his mind. And, for that, I even have some admiration. Because, I understand that his Pacifism is central to his faith.

Also, to his credit, he is one of the few people of his nature, who I have met, who is willing to change his mind, when confronted with truth. I have found most Pacifists to be among the most dogmatic, and narrow-minded people I have ever met.

So, without further adieu (pardon my French), here's the letter I sent to my friend:


Unfortunately, we are living in very extraordinary times.

Here is an Al Jazeera article about Iran's President calling for Israel to be wiped off the map:

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/15E6BF77-6F91-46EE-A4B5-A3CE0E9957EA.htm

My opinion is the Iranian leader wants to desroy Israel, killing all the Jews. If he succeeds in doing so, that will be six million Jews dead. Interesting, huh?

We are seeing a lot of the events of the thirties repeat themselves in the news today.

Watch in coming weeks, as the leaders of Europe decide that they can deal with Hamas, just as the leaders of Europe decided during the 1930's, that they could deal with Hitler.

Let's see if I am correct.

By the way, the Iranian President is probably delusional as well. Check this out:

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2005/12/did-i-just-see-green-rays-coming-out.html

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2005/12/iranian-president-is-so-crazy-even.html

Iran's President is also a Holocaust denier:

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2005/12/world-is-on-verge-of-change-says-irans.html

Iran's President seems to believe he may be the Islamic Messiah:

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2005/12/is-beast-rising-from-sea-from-bbc-via.html

Iranian Government officials think through the practical implications of nuclear war against Israel:

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2005/12/supreme-ayatollah-says-iran-will-win.html

As was the case in the 1930 and 40's, the Christian church is on the wrong side of history, in not standing against the Nazis of our time:

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2005/11/presbyterian-church-salutes-hizbollah.html

There was a Nuremberg-like rally in London recently:

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2005/12/new-nuremberg-rally-in-london-writer.html


Saudi Arabia does not allow Jews in their country:

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2005/11/saudi-arabia-judenrein-j-at-justify.html

Here's an article about how the Middle-East is almost Judenrein (jew-free):

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2005/12/middle-east-judenrein-like-nazi.html

Read that carefully, Bob. One thing you ought to know is that when the Jews left Gaza recently, they had to dig up their dead, because the Palestinians don't even want dead Jews in their land.

The Middle East is almost monolithically anti-Semitic:

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2005/07/100-of-lebanese-say-they-have-very.html

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2005/09/poll-says-100-of-jordanians-hate-jews.html

Here's a link to my friend J's blog. He is a guy who lives in England, with whom I started something called the Infidel Bloggers Alliance. We have bloggers all over the world who are working together to educate people about what's happening with anti-Semitism and Jihadism. But, anyway, when you go to J's site, scroll down and look on the left side of the page for "Pictures Islamonazism". Click on the links and you will see photos of Muslims doing the heil hitler salute.

We call this Islamofascism, or Islamic Jihadism. The world needs to know that the Muslim world is going crazy in a way which is very similar to what happened in Germany in the 1930's. We don't need to hate Muslims, but we need to acknowledge the truth and do something about it.

And, by the way, why do we look the other way, while women are treated as slaves in the Islamic world:

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2005/12/there-yet-not-there-burqa-dehumanizes_09.html

Here's an article on anti-Semitism and Pacifism:

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2005/11/anti-semitism-is-inevitable-in.html

You know that I believe Pacifism is for peoples spiritual life, not for political life. I respect your right to have a different viewpoint. But, I believe the Iranians are preparing a new Holocaust for the Jews. And, I believe we need to do something about it.