Monday, March 06, 2006


I'm Back, Finally


I went on vacation fully intending to continue posting at least once a day. I knew I might miss a day or two, but I think I ended up missing nine straight days.

Wow.

The hotel I stayed in promised internet access, but alas, there was none.

It was probably for the best anyway. I found out what it was like to not care about the news anymore, and I found out what it is like to only get your news from a newspaper. Here's what I knew about:

Bush was captured on video being told that the levees in New Orleans would probably break in a Category Four Hurricane.

Bush went to India and signed a pact to give nuclear technology to India.

Bush went to Pakistan, even though they hate him and want to kill him there.

Iraq is descending into civil war.

There you go. That's all the papers wrote about. I didn't read anything about Iran, Ahmadinejad, or the emascualted UN.

So. here's what we can learn from this; the average person, at this point in time, has little or no idea that we are on the brink of a nuclear confrontation.

The average person might as well just party for nine days straight.

:)