Friday, June 23, 2006

Media Refuses To Hold Surveillance Story
Media Refuses To Tell WMD In Iraq Story



The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times both refused to hold the surveillance story, despite requests from senior Bush Administration officials.

Observe now as the tragically fading MSM dinosaur thrashes about in the throes of a moral seizure:


"It's a tough call; it was not a decision made lightly," said Doyle McManus, the Los Angeles Times' Washington bureau chief. "The key issue here is whether the government has shown that there are adequate safeguards in these programs to give American citizens confidence that information that should remain private is being protected."

Treasury Department officials spent 90 minutes Thursday meeting with the newspaper's reporters, stressing the legality of the program and urging the paper to not publish a story on the program, McManus said in a telephone interview.

"They were quite vigorous, they were quite energetic. They made a very strong case," he said.
In its story, The New York Times said it carefully weighed the administration's arguments for withholding the information and gave them "the most serious and respectful consideration."

"We remain convinced that the administration's extraordinary access to this vast repository of international financial data, however carefully targeted use it may be, is a matter of
public interest," said Bill Keller, the Times' executive editor.


What would we do without such people to keep us informed?

Note how important it is to keep us informed of things which they believe will hurt the Bush Administration. Meanwhile, they absolutely refuse to inform us of things which will help the Bush Administration. For instance, the story about how it was revealed that we did indeed find WMD in Iraq.

I Google'd

WMD Iraq Santorum New York Times

Here's what I got. It's an article entitled "For Diehards Search For Iraq's WMD's Isn't Over:




The New York Times is trying to make me look like an idiot.

WASHINGTON, June 22 — The United States government abandoned the search for unconventional weapons in Iraq long ago. But Dave Gaubatz has never given up.

Mr. Gaubatz, an earnest, Arabic-speaking investigator who spent the first months of the war as an Air Force civilian in southern Iraq, has said he has identified four sites where residents said chemical weapons were buried in concrete bunkers.

The sites were never searched, he said, and he is not going to let anyone forget it.

"I just don't want the weapons to fall into the wrong hands," Mr. Gaubatz, of Denton, Tex., said.

For the last year, he has given his account on talk radio programs, in Congressional offices and on his Web site, which he introduced last month with, "A lone American battles politicians to locate W.M.D."

Some politicians are outspoken allies in Mr. Gaubatz's cause. He is just one of a vocal and disparate collection of Americans, mostly on the political right, whose search for
Saddam Hussein's unconventional weapons continues.


What a pile of shit. Check out the dateline on that story. It is June 22, 2006. That's the DAY AFTER Rick Satorum held his press conference announcing the release of the document confirming that WMD's were, indeed, found.

Maybe the New York Times didn't hear the news.

As far as I can tell from using Google, the NYT/LAT Axis has yet to publish a story about the fact that we have found WMD in Iraq.

That's a bit curious, isn't it?