Sunday, July 09, 2006


The
Meaning
Of My Wife


Song by Pastorius












Lord -
I have gazed into books - into pools - into jewels -
Just to find my own self
Lord -
I have willed - I have killed - stolen fire - built up higher -
Just to buy me some wealth
Lord -
I would do anything - just about anything -
To put out this burning inside
Lord -
Is it love - beautiful - is it truth - lasting youth -
Where the hell does it hide?


But -
If I could - just be still - and let you - show your love through the cracks in my life
Then -
I would see - what you gave - when you gave me the meaning of my wife


Lord -
Why did we - split the world - flags unfurled - endless swirl - get the girl -
Don't want her no more
Lord -
Why did you - split in two - all we do - can't believe - it was me -
Who built this big wall
Lord -
How we hate - our own fate - our own face - every race - all we chase
Don't want it to end
Lord -
Want to live? - got to give - need something - that will bring
Us together again


And -
If I could - let you kill - the old man - cut through me -
With the edge of your knife
Then -
I could know - what you told - when you told me -
The Meaning of my life
Then -
I coud see - what you gave - when you gave me
The Meaning of my Wife