Monday, September 25, 2006

My Thoughts
On The
"Purple-Faced Rage"


If you don't know what I am referring to by "Purple-Faced Rage", then
go check out Pamela's post on Bill Clinton's meltdown on Fox News yesterday.

I don't hate Clinton the way most people on the right do. I liked Clinton as a President. I recognize his problems, but he seemed like the right President for the time.

But that's all the past now.

That being said, I have to say that Clinton was behaving very bizarrely in this interview. My wife and I watched Pamela's vlog together and we both agreed that Clinton is clearly obsessed with this question. One might presume that the bags under his eyes come from sleepless nights tossing and turning on exactly this question.

The question itself set him off, and he became very irrational. At one point he senselessly changed the subject and asserted that Rupert Murdoch (owner of Fox News) is "for climate change." That is one of the most bizarre assertions I have ever heard a person make. And, I've got some pretty moonbatty friends.

So, I have to wonder what the intelligence was that Clinton rec'd on Bin Laden. It must have been frightening.

Here's the thing, Clinton had good reason not to take out Bin Laden. To do so, he would have had to fire on a country which we were not at war with. Additionally, he would have had to violate American law (signed by Ronald Reagan) which forbids political assassinations.

Clinton could simply fall back on that argument.

But, he doesn't, and that is telling.

What that tells me is that Clinton knew something about Bin Laden that made him very upset. Honestly, it must have been something beyond the Cole, the Khobar towers and all that. Those were grievous acts of terrorism, yes, but they were not worse than the bomging of the Marine barracks in Beirut. And that did not destroy Reagan's reputation.

We know that Clinton was not a President who was obsessed with his responsibility to the country. We know that he WAS a President who was obsessed with how he looked. He was obsessed with his reputation.

Therefore, he must have known something about Bin Laden which might have made him look bad.

I have to wonder if the nuclear threat was more worrying than has been let on.

That is the only thing I can think of that would have made Clinton this upset.

Here's the thing, the whole story in that interview doesn't so much turn on his "purple-faced anger". He actually doesn't look that out of control, until he made that statement about Murdoch being for climate change.

When he said that you know he had completely lost his ability to reason. Clinton has been angry before, but never in my recollection has he lost his his ability to reason. Even his bizarre soliloquiy on the meaning of "is", during his Monicagate testimony, relied on logic.

So, I heard a lot all weekend about the "purple-faced rage," but I didn't become convinced there was something really wrong until I saw that part of the interview. I couldn't figure out what people were making such a big deal out of.

It seems to me that too many people on the Right are simply using this as another excuse to laugh at Clinton and pile on him. I think this is something more significant. Don't just accept his behavior at face value and say "well that's just like Clinton."

Because it isn't.

Clinton has never freaked out like this before. He is a master at remaining calm when he is attacked. He has been attacked in ways which are almost as stupid as the things that have been said about Bush. The whole Clinton Chronicles thing was one of the low points of the Conservative movement IMO.

The only time Clinton ever looked even remotely near this stressed out was during the Lewinsky scandal.

Think about that, he looked ALMOST as stressed out when he was in position to LOSE HIS PRESIDENCY. But, he is more stressed out over this? Think about it.

I have to wonder if something is going to come out soon, maybe. Maybe he knows it. Maybe he thought he was going to be ambushed in that interview.

I don't know. I couldn't know. All I do know is that for all the Clinton haters who are having so much fun with this story (and it is fun) it is just too easy to say, "That's Clinton" even when it just isn't.

There is something more to this. That is exactly why Sandy Berger was willing to steal those documents in such blatant fashion.

It just would have been too easy for Clinton to say "We were not at war with Sudan or Afghanistan and besides there is a law against political assassinations." That is logical.

He is freaking out about something that YOU AND I AND THE AMERICAN PUBLIC do not know about.

It is something that is worse than anything we know about.