Saturday, October 21, 2006


Washington D.C.
Taking
Greater
Interest In
Bible Prophecy


From Joel Rosenberg:


Rolling Stone's latest issue describes me as a "loony" who is secretly urging President Bush to bring about Armageddon. It's a theme the Washington Post pursued earlier this year, along with a number of left-wing bloggers. But any suggestion that I have some secret back channel into the Oval Office or have had any kind of influence on the President on this topic is simply not true.

Yes, I've briefly met the President a number of times over the years, and yes, I have signed copies of several of my novels for the President that were given to him by friends of mine. But no, I don't know him personally, I've never had a conversation with him about Bible prophecy, and I doubt he has had any time to read my books.

As I said on CNN Headline News last night, I have no evidence that President Bush is even interested in end times prophecies, much less guided by them. If he were, I suspect he would be far less chummy with Russian President Vladimir Putin, who is forming a dangerous military alliance at the moment with Iran.

That said, I can report that as anxiety in Washington grows about the future of U.S. involvement in the Arab and Muslim world there seems to be a corresponding growing interest in, and curiosity about, the relationship between events in the Middle East and Bible prophecy.

Over the past 18 months, for example, I have found myself unexpectedly invited to speak about such things with staffers at the White House, with Members of Congress (of both parties) on Capitol Hill, with several dozen Congressional chiefs of staff, and with an array of officials from the CIA, State, Defense, and Homeland Security.

A number of Arab and Israeli officials -- including a senior advisor to the Prime Minister of Iraq -- have also met with me and expressed curiosity about what the Bible says about the future of their countries. Do all of the officials I meet with agree with these prophecies or my analysis of them? Certainly not. But with everything happening in our world today, they are intrigued, particularly by the idea that the Bible foretells the rise of a military alliance between Russia and Iran in the "last days."


Go read the rest.

In case you aren't aware of who Joel Rosenberg is, here's a little biographical information.