Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tim Hardaway Is A Faggot


From Fox Sports:


One week after retired NBA player John Amaechi publically identified himself as gay, retired Heat guard Tim Hardaway said on a Miami radio show that he would not want to play with a gay man.

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known," Hardaway said Wednesday, according to a transcript on the Miami Herald Web site. "I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

Hardaway was a guest on the show and was asked at the end of the interview how he would handle having a gay teammate.


''First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team,'' Hardaway answered. "And second of all, if he was on my team, I would really distance myself from him because I don't think that is right.

Hardaway doesn't think he's alone in that view, either.

''Something has to give,'' he said. "And I think the majority of players would ask for him to be traded or they would want to be traded...If you have 12 other ballplayers in your locker room that are upset and can't concentrate and always worried about him in the locker room or on the court it's going to be hard for your teammates to win and accept him as a teammate.''

He later apologized for the remarks during a telephone interview with FOX affiliate WSVN in Miami.

"Yes, I regret it. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said I hate gay people or anything like that," he said. "That was my mistake."


I understand the idea that the warrior has to be in the foxhole with men. I understand that you are not going to convince men that "homos" are going to have their back. But, this kind of attitude among athletes and warriors is disgusting nonetheless.

It is fine for Tim Hardaway to have his own personal opinions, but it is not ok for him to expect us to agree with him. And, honestly, as much as I am opposed to Political Correctness, it is not fine for the world's media to give Mr. Hardaway's opinions without the context of judgement.

We, here in America, are free to be who we are, as long as we do not hurt others physically with our behavior.

Tim Hardaway is a fascist. He says, "This is not acceptable in America." He is a bad human being. And, the media (Fox Sports) published that without any context or judgement.

Fine, he apologized later. We can surmise that he is lying for the sake of political correctness and keeping his contract intact.

I am an American, and a Christian. I believe in Freedom first, morality second. As an American, and a Christian, I believe that we are free to make our choices to be who we are, as long as we are not hurting others physically.