Friday, April 27, 2007


Because They Hate



Brigitte Gabriel is a woman who grew up in Lebanon. Here, in a quote from her book Because They Hate, she tells of the extent of Muslim hatred of Jews (with thanks to the fine blog Living Creatures):


... speaking about when her mother was cared for in an Israeli hospital during the Lebanese civil war:


"I also learned about hatred, intolerance, and bigotry. The Muslim woman who was in the room with my mother and had stayed in the hospital for about twelve days. And even after ten days, when the doctors left the room after changing her bandages and checking on her in their morning tour, she said, with an evil, hate-filled look on her face, "I hate you all. I wish you were all dead." And for the first time in my life I saw evil. I realized that this Muslim couldn't love the Jews even after they had saved her life. And when you are unable to be grateful to the people who saved your life, you have no soul. When humans become devoid of compassion, a sense of forgiveness, and open-mindedness, when they surrender their humanity to hate, they become an evil force of darkness that is irreconcilable with hope, love and peace."