Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Congratulations, Barry Bonds!
I Love You!
You Are The Greatest Player Ever To Play The Game Of Baseball!



I grew up in Los Angeles. I am a Dodger fan, but I am no dummy. I am not a myopic Dodger fan.

We Dodger fans are supposed to hate the Giants.

Barry Bonds is a San Francisco Giant.

But, I have watched him with admiration for years. There, in my opinion, has never been anyone like him in any sport.

My biggest sports hero of all-time is Wilt Chamberlain. But, I believe Bonds exceeds even the great Wilt Chamberlain.

It makes me very angry that he is the object of scorn.

It is all a bunch of bullshit. I'm not saying the man did not take steroids. I have no idea if he did. My inclination is he did.

However, I have never seen a baseball player as dedicated, and dialed in, and intense, as he is.

Greatness is a thing to revered, not reviled. Our generation ought to be ashamed of itself for the way it has treated Barry Bonds.

I believe history will bear me out on this.

Check back in thrity years.











Now, let's watch him up close. In other words, the next is not a fan video, but is instead a real video. No one could get a pitch by this guy when he was at his peak!





Do you see that?

The man knows what he is doing. He sees a baseball like no one has ever seen a baseball before.

When I was eleven years old, I forced my parents to sit down and watch Henry Aaron break Babe Ruth's record. I told them they had to do so because it was a "historic moment" as I put it.

You must understand, my parents were not, at all, big fans of black people. They did not want to participate in their young son's silliness.

I remember that moment so clearly.

I took out my Kodak Instamatic camera, and took a picture of the Television screen as Aaron hit the homerun. I did not understand that the flashbulb would darken out the screen, so when I got the photos developed, I was incredibly disappointed.

However, of course, the memory will forever be with me.

Congrats, Barry.

You da' man.