Sunday, August 12, 2007

The New CUANAS:
More On The Disintegration



You know, the more I think about this stuff, I think I'm going to also have to write about stuff that happened in the 80's and the 90's. Originally, I thought I could limit it to just the period of 1962-1977.

In my opinion, that is when the disintegration of our culture happened. However, part of what needs to be dealt with, in my opinion is what the result was.

Check this out:

I will eventually write about the time my Dad told me why he gave up fighting with my mother, and about why he eventualy decided to completely cede his will to my mother, and renege on his obligations to me as a father.

It is a sad story, and I want to get to it in due course.

In my opinion, most of this problem we face, this disintegration, has to do with "Women's Liberation."

Now, here's the thing; I am a believer that women ought to be able to do what they want with their lives, but the pendulum swung too far.

The Feminist Movement ended up emasculating men.

I'll tell you something funny and embarrassing. When my wife and I had kids, she said to me,

"I need you to start acting like more of a man,"

and I had no idea what the fuck she was talking about.

:)

I learned over time.

It actually came rather naturally, but it was the first time in my life that I had ever even given the subject any thought, for Christ's sake.

That's why I believe this story is important. We are a whole generation of boys unprepared to be men.

That's why Pacifism has such a grip over our society.

Now, watch this video. Listen to the words of the singer very carefuly, as he tells the story of the father he did not have, and of how his mother spoke of that father.





Son, she said, have I got a little story for you
What you thought was your daddy was nothin but a...
While you were sittin home alone at age thirteen
Your real daddy was dyin, sorry you didnt see him, but Im glad we talked...

Oh i, oh, Im still alive
Hey, i, i, oh, Im still alive
Hey i, oh, Im still alive
Hey...oh...



Oh really? Is he really "still alive"? Look at the pain on his face as he sings those words.

Now, check out the second verse:


Oh, she walks slowly, across a young mans room
She said Im ready...for you
I cant remember anything to this very day
cept the look, the look...
Oh, you know where, now I cant see, I just stare...

I, Im still alive
Hey i, but, Im still alive



As best as i can tell, he is talking there about his first sexual experience, and of how he felt completely unprepared for it because he was not a man ...

Do I need to say anything more, my friends?

Now, now, check this out. Listen to the conclusion of the song:


Is something wrong, she said
Well of course there is
Youre still alive, she said

Oh, and do I deserve to be?

Is that the question
And if so...if so...who answers...who answers?


Who answers? God Answers.

But, who among our generation knows that they can turn to God for the Answer?

And, how easy is it to accept that God loves you, when you have been emotionally obliterated from the beginning of your life?